Friday, December 7, 2012

It's been awhile....

I had to put my Allie girl to sleep last week and it devastated me.  It was time and I am glad that I was there for her.

I have dreaded this time for so long.  I knew it was coming.  I did not know how I was going to go through it.  But I did and I'm glad I was there for her.

She starting having seizures, my vet was closed and I had to take her to the ER vet.  They were wonderful.  I talked her through her death.  I could not even tell when her breath left her.  The vet told me when she was dead.  I loved her to her death.  I love her now.

The hardest thing I had to do was the best thing I could do for her.  The vet was compassionate as was the rest of the staff.

I miss my goofy Allie seal girl so much.

The next night, in streaming rain, we buried her besides the Applegate river in the dark.  Susie, my CLA, and Jessica, my co- teacher, shoveled dirt upon her frozen body. We stood and then talked of students and life, growth and anger, hurts and madness, sadness and joy.  That wet dark night embraced the body of my Allie girl while her spirit in love ran free.

I love that dog.  I loved that dog.  I miss that dog.  Queenie misses that dog.  There is a hole in my life where that dog used to be.

I am alone with my 14 year old Queenie beanie.  She seems depressed.  We walk together.








No comments:

Post a Comment