Monday, August 15, 2011

What am I asking? A future with a husband...




I. Drop down menu:



Talk in hand leashes,
wrapped in knots-
tangled,
And I would trip!
Tugging dogs, eavesdrop, sniff for other life (e.g. dogs)
(and its your turn to wrap the poo in generic baggies.)
a small path framed in a hedge of mountains,
prairie fences, or ocean currents.

It’s not the where.
It’s the who.

II. What am I asking?

To not be alone in silence
Or in the company of friends.

To hold a hand, entwined over a Bible.
To sing the Alleluias in Divine service 1.
To commune with knees grazing,
Hands gripped in fellowship of blood and body.
To kneel in forgiveness,
And confirm absolution,
with Pastor’s hands raised in blessing.

To pray, to feel, to respect, and know your leadership in God.
To be cherished, gently guided, before God.

To know our sins are forgiven,
and our Savior
hides them in the mask in God’s eye.

I would be one with you in God
for our earthly lives.

Coram Deo.
Before God.

In His presence.
to know Life before God is beautiful.
A restoration of intended.
Marriage.

What am I asking ?

Drop down menu:

As one, grafted and spliced
Upon the tree
(oiled wood, branches bleached)
Skeletal in our forgiveness.

There’s no machine, deus, to hide behind.
Fleshed together, a union:
With you as my head
and I by your side.
Our body exchanged to each other.
Everything will be one when I am with you.

III. What am I asking ?



Empty bed,
Drop down sheets.
(cotton crisp, line dried in summer)

The Content is a Noun.
Skills are Verbs.

What am I asking?
Example gratia.

Stroke (e.g- touch)
skin surface.
Moist in contact.
Beaded up,
on lips,
a sheen that slides,
oils, penetrates.

Body wicks the sheets,
Flames out,
Gasps at lesser oxygen.

The face of your body,
Against mine,
crumples to the floor,
like sheets tumbled in a dryer.
and when your mouth
should cease its talk upon my skin,
I’d trace your gentle lines of fate in perspiration.

We’d speak with no voice,
Wondering if it would commit us:
Act of War.
Act of Love.
Act of Self.
A nation of WE.

What am I asking ?

Conversation, quiet in the lulls,
Laughter in the strum of our feet on black tar asphalt.
(Sinking, sticking in the summer heat.)

Camaraderie comforters in winter,
Wrapped in couches:
A show and tell of books, paper, and misc. bits of life.

A quilted pattern pieced together by mutual desires.

My future husband: lover of God, lover of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment