Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dennis inspired me with his blog

Dennis, a college classmate from Southwestern, inspired me with his creativity blog.  Dennis played Dudley to my Queen Elizabeth in "Vivat, Vivat Regina.

http://www.writing-with-light.com/nothing-less-than-insanely-great-work/

"We all need that Broadway show we’re in where every day we give it everything we’ve got leaving our souls on the stage for the audience. Everyone has talent of some kind and to fulfill his or her life’s purpose needs to use that talent to deliver insanely great work. Nothing less."  


Love this quote!


The poem in progress....
                                                                   To Be


to be 
on stage
is to strip,
no husk
leaves, silks,
articles of soul.
To toss like so much debris
into the auditorium;
like yarding it to the dump.


A willing sacrifice of self,
this art.
I'll bare it,
bear it,
shuck it
to find that one kernel.


Hold it to the Fresnel,
watch the colors fade,
dim,
rise to white light.


The silky strands,
time,
adhere to  aching fingers.
I try to wipe them away.
Some fall,
others cling.


This art of mine
lies composting,
heating up
as I write, write 
to find, to lose, 
to cross out, to start again.


I cannot but help
myself to memories.
 I labor to begin,
again.


To be
on stage,
on paper,
making sense 
of this newly cobbled self
show cased
on a self constructed stage.


To Be.



1 comment: