Sunday, May 1, 2011

Earthquake /Tsnami

May 1
The earthquake and resulting tsunami imagery has been showing up in a lot of my writings.  I was fascinated by the language used to describe these events.  Particularly the tsunami that swept a young man away from Crescent City, CA.  His body was found weeks later 300 miles north, washed up on a beach in Astoria, OR.

I was also fascinated by the thought of the debris from Japan making its way to Oregon and then circling back to Japan. ( I did not know there is this huge mass of garbage floating in the Pacific Ocean. )   This journey will take 6 years and it will wind up back in Japan.  (And where are the Japanese people going to put all that debris?  back in the ocean?  and how much garbage can our oceans hold?)

This imagery seems appropriate for my life right now and I am still playing around with the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment