Saturday, May 21, 2011

the Road to Emmaus


No doubt
the scars were there to see.
Today in Words, Always a new,
this hour of bread
to last a life,
an eternal life,

Who needs these eyes?
worthless,
without
You
with me on that friable
dusty road to Emmaus.

Motes rise in the afternoon sun,
cloud my outer eye.
Edei:
"It was necessary."


I don't have to see the holes,
the water stifles dust,
the inner eye believes
in the bread and wine
Your body and blood.

I can believe without sight.
(turned inward on myself)
I don't need proof
to know the dusty road
always leads to You.

hearts that are burning
(did Moses' heart burn
within at the burning bush?)
at your Word,
Your liturgy is Our
Road to Emmaus.
Where the Victim becomes
the Victor.

Run the race,
to the line.
Finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment