Sunday, April 21, 2013

Math Studio next week

I just finished doing some of my homework for math studio this next week.  I hate the fact that I can't spend the time I would like to on math studio.  For my sanity I have been cutting things out.  I'm tired of spending at least 3 hours every Sunday in my room.  I just can't keep doing that to myself.  I want to have 2 days off, not one.

I took today off.  I got enough planning done so I did not have to go in to my room.  I'm angry the district puts so much on our plates and  gives us large class sizes so we can't do a good job.  It is not humanly possible to do the kind of job I want to be able to do in my classroom.

I resent not being able to do all the work for math studio.  I have learned so much from the experience, and I am a much better teacher in all subject areas because of it.  Just think how much better I would be if I had the time to do it all!

I made the decision though to eliminate the stressors in my life if possible and to spend more time taking care of myself.  It has paid off for me, and I need to continue to do these things for myself.  I need to find other things to eliminate also.  

It is another reason why I am worried about the negotiations on our contract this year.  I am afraid they will put more on our plate, keep giving us large class sizes, and add a new evaluation.  If they start to evaluate us on test scores how can we in the Title one schools ever get a good evaluation?  We can't control parents, families, drug use, gangs, abuse, unemployment, and hunger.

I don't know... that missionary work in Papua New Guinea keeps sounding better and better to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment