Monday, May 21, 2012

Homologein Revision 2


I watched the arm,
envelop the shoulder,
an unconscious gesture
of love,
so natural to the young couple ahead of me.
Something I have never known.
I sat with parents,
I sat with a boyfriend,
I sat with my children,
But never a husband…


What must it feel like to be doubly loved?
 in the Divine Service?
To feel fingers graze,
rest unobtrusively,
inconspicuous,
on my shoulder,
the space charged in static.
To also feel the love of the Word,
made man.

The marriage in the church,
of the church.
Christ the man/ God.
Bridegroom of the bride.
...the Natural Order,
in the DNA of Creation
from the Creator.

To be loved,
unconsciously,
consciously.

My head nestled in a shoulder,
where the moisture of your breath
imprints my forehead.

I would be marked
by the cross of water,
sheathed in Your Word,
fed in a husband's sacrifice.


To be blunt:
To sit with a man,
a husband,
in a pew,
hand in hand,
shoulder to shoulder.
To kneel in respect.
To be kneeled in love.
To be kneeled as one..

I would be the woman
for the man,
complete in his love,
as he would be complete in mine.

In a world that beds itself,
 Anonymously.
.
Where rotten fruit hangs low
to ground,
and gags …

A natural order
in the habits of heart,
Stirring yet another trail….
Where faith and trust abides
in each other’s heart.

Oh I know there is no perfection.
I know the hurt of hearts.
I know my sin,
And know yours also.
But faith,
belief,
I hold that thread to God.

And in that trust is love.


































And I know it is not you or what you want.  It is what I want.  It does not stop the ache of wanting you by my side.



No comments:

Post a Comment