Sunday, May 6, 2012

Practices





I have a 3-day weekend, which means I got lots done today!  Car washed, dogs washed and nails clipped, supplies bought, 2 salads and 3 main courses made, and even a poem started!  Tomorrow I can go to my room and do lots of prep!  It is a cut school day, which gives me an opportunity to do not only my prep but also get my sub plans done for Math Studio!

Hip hip hurray!

I would love to be this prepared every week.  Ha!  It is not going to happen...
So I read the paper, which freed me up for some novel reading.  Last night I watched Grey's.  Up way too late.

The Old Testament reading today which was actually from the New Testament fascinated me.  It was about Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch.  Something about the story just got to me.  He heard the Word, saw water, and said Baptize me!  No messing around for him!  What faith!  He was able to take the word of Jesus back to Africa!  Very cool!

So I am in my desert place now.  I am struck by how many scenes from the Bible take place in the desert. Moses and the burning bush, Jesus' temptation, and the lepers sent to live in the desert, Philip and the Eunuch. The desert symbolizes so much heat and death but yet from the desert comes such revelations from God. So I wait...and wonder what my future holds for me...Like the Israelites wandering for 40 years in the desert I wonder how long I will have to go through this desert.  I have my God, my Jesus, by my side.  It comforts me and gives me hope.  

I don't always remember that hope.  I do the drama thing and feel sorry for myself way too much.  But I could not go back to living without Him in my life.  

So I mourn.  I grieve.  I remember.  Every Sunday I am comforted anew and it gets me through my week.  I would give that to everyone if I could.


No comments:

Post a Comment