Friday, May 4, 2012

Selection test

So I think acting out the vocabulary words and doing my sight word rap really helped this time for the test.  We also did some Reader's theatre with "Tippy Toe Chick"!  So it seemed like more passed the comprehension part of the test.  It was fun!  We all had a good time!

It made up for the independent research done by the kids this week.  Independent does not really describe most first graders.  I don't know how I am ever going to get some of them to do their speech when they can't even read their own writing or remember what they wrote!  I need to clone myself about 10 times to get to all my students to help them.

Then I painfully led a small group through counting in 2's using unifix cubes.  A couple of "a ha" moments for some of them and they were able to complete the chart independently .  I have 1 student that can't do any of it and I really don't know what to do about it.


So go toward the door.  Freeze.  Come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment