Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Dead Space in Medford

Because I don't know what else to call it!

The lawyer called me yesterday and said he talked with the other lawyer last week and explained the whole time /fraction ruling of PERS to him.  All of a sudden it looks like we won't be going to court.  Of course the other lawyer needs to check it out and mine needs to write a judgment.  I don't have much confidence in either one.  Their timing is slug like.

The court date is Friday.  9 AM. Did I hear from my lawyer today, Wednesday August 22, 2012?  NO! So tomorrow I will call again and ask if we are going to court or what.  If he says we are settling in office will it happen soon?  Or will it be another couple of months? Or will we have to make another court date?

I am so disgusted with this whole process and this lawyer.  Dragging it out? YES! I want it to be over!  Please!

I am in dead space.  A vacuum...  Neither moving forward or backward.  Limbo. Just like the character in a derelict space ship, with alien monster popping out of vents and walls, waiting for the next battle scene.  I am weary of this labyrinth, where no one wins and we circle in dead ends.

I have nothing to compare my lawyer with but I do know he does not fit my definition of timely or efficient. He has dawdled through this case barely remembering my name or statistics.

My sense of doom spells out more months of fruitless negotiations.


No comments:

Post a Comment