Friday, August 10, 2012

"The Journey of Grief"

Yesterday my counselor gave me this handout on grief.  It makes a lot of sense to me.  I was going down the road and up the hill getting better until- whoosh- just like Sisyphus I was back down in the valley.  How could that be?  I was doing so well and then I guess just a perfect storm of events happened simultaneously to seemly wipe out everything I had accomplished.

I was tempted and I yielded to things that make me feel bad and depressed.  I looked at old pictures, old "friends", talked to my lawyer, and looked at the August calendar.  I did not do well.  I ate too much.  I drank too much.  I felt sorry for myself too much.  I was angry with myself.

On the "info graphic" I was at the Reorganization stage and into the Reinvestment stage.  The rock squashed me back to the "Despair" stage.  Here's hoping it gets easier to staying out of the valley of the shadow of my death!

No comments:

Post a Comment