Monday, August 20, 2012

Fishermen's Wharf, BART, Foster City, and Nephew Mike

After North Beach we made our way down to Fisherman's Wharf.  Mind you this was on a Saturday afternoon.  May I say "Never again!?"  Too many people and too many cheesy stores.  Everyone recommended getting a Ghirardelli's hot fudge sundae.

 We walked a couple of blocks dodging people, kids, bikes, and traffic. The store was small and we each ordered a sundae- mine dark chocolate and Jan'e milk chocolate.


 We should have shared one!  It was too much.  Then we found out we could have ordered a min sample size.  Would I do it again?  No.  It was not worth the mess of public swarming all over Fisherman's wharf.  This was probably my least favorite part of SF.  Oh and try finding a public bathroom down there.
Jan went to see how long of a wait it was for the trolley and I went to find a bathroom.  I found one in the little museum in the same building as the Blue Mermaid.  (Where we had clam chowder on Thursday night.)
It was going to be an hour and a half wait for the trolley so we went in search of a cable car or bus.  On one of the side streets we saw a parked cable car and about 15 people.  We hurriedly got into line, hoping they would be loading soon.  A bus pulled up behind it and Jan went to talk to the bus driver.  We found out the bus would be loading right after the cable car.  We were successful and got seats on the cable car BECAUSE we had a date with our nephew!



Our sister Susan has a son, Michael, who works for Electronic Arts.  He actually wanted to see us old Aunties!  We took the BART out to see him and he gave us a tour of Electronic Arts.  He is currently working on Dead Space 3.   What a nice young man he has become.  I was so impressed by his whole demeaner and so grateful that he actually wanted to visit with us!



What  a great place to work! I was very impressed by what they provide for their employees.

I loved seeing the storyboards for the games.  As a teacher I appreciated the writing of the story.  The artwork was really cool too!
The security guard was nice enough to take pictures of us.  We are the batty aunties!


I wanted to meet his kitties that I always read about.

Michael took us to dinner and then we headed back on the BART.  We had Sunday morning set aside for shopping then catching our flights back home.  We were already talking of coming back.  Maybe every other year or maybe every summer.  We both like it so much.  Plus we had not seen everything yet.  

Next time would not be on a weekend.  I would bring mostly long pants, gloves, hat, hand warmers, and a heavier coat.  We still need to have a cocktail at the Top of the Mark.  I want to get closer to the Golden Gate Bridge.  I want more time in North Beach.  That is just a beginning of the list!

I love traveling with my sister, Jan.  She knows how to do the research. She is fun to be around.  I can't wait to do more traveling with her!





No comments:

Post a Comment