Sunday, August 26, 2012

Math Action Plan

Tomorrow is my "official" report back to school day and I'm frantically trying to finish up loose ends.  3 weeks ago I was doing the Writing Task Force. (WTF, because it amuses me!)  Tomorrow my first grade team will present to all the first grade teachers in the district.  It didn't help I could not find the email with the Power Point!  After much desperate emailing someone resent it to me.  I'm doing pages 2-4.  Somewhat reviewed my notes.

Then I realized,

"Oh Crap!  I have not posted my Math Action Plan!"

So I dug out those notes and went onto Moodle to post.  It may not be correct but it is done!  It all seems so long ago!

I was a wee bit distracted by the divorce conference, the Minerals and Martini party, and the church picnic today. I"m playing it hard until all my energy will be focused on SCHOOL.

For your information here is my Math Action Plan and what I am going to try and get done in math this year.  :-)


Action Plan August 2012
Hello 2nd year of first grade!  I am actually looking forward to being a bit more comfortable with the curriculum!

Action Plan Sub-Goal 1:

I will intentionally foster a mathematical culture of effort and growth.

1.  I will assign a letter to each student for roles.  (e.g.: Bob 1A, Karen 2B,...)  During the first month of school I will introduce and explicitly teach the role cards and practice roles.

2. I will have a math space for the Habits of Mind and Habits of Interaction in such a way that I can constantly refer to them and students can see them.  There will also be a space for the huddle.

3. I will plan in my lesson plans, explicitly teach, and carry out huddles, starting with 1 a week and increasing to 2-3 times a week by the end of the year.

4, I will spend time researching student's thinking.  This will include small group and one on one interviewing.

5. I will make a point to assign competence to low status students daily.


"Oh crap two!  I can't find the letter from the district outlining what we are to do tomorrow morning!"

No comments:

Post a Comment