Tuesday, April 3, 2012

3:11 am

Starts with a twitch,
a roll,
tightening to knots...
the cramp grips the calf.

I wait.

Will it ease
or escalate?

It always escalates
why do I bother to lie
and wish for sleep?
It won't come.


The pain that starts mid calf,
travels to the arch
Reminiscent of downward facing dog and forward fold.

Just as the ache from head to child
planks my adult
board like
and stiff.

To tighten
the muscle
heart
requires the stretch
to rebound and snap with tectonic
plates
shatter
pieces
of my debris.

I grasp
tight
but leaks in cracks
seep
ooze
break loose.

I roll to floor
hobble to gulp magnesium
turn up the heat
lay the leg flat
and think
of past actions.

I'd text you sorry
but what good would that do?

The strength I need comes with practice.
Warrior 1 shifts to Warrior 2.
I know it will be easy someday
and my legs won't cramp at 3 am ..

No comments:

Post a Comment