Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 2

Well I did not sit and read between 5-7 because I walked the dogs and watched 2 of my students play flag football.  I got home a little before 7.  I did read Thursday and Friday's paper though.  One I read while eating my supper which is my normal habit.  I did read the Friday paper, sitting at my table with a cup of chamomile tea.  That was different.  I count that as my reading.  It was after 8 when I finished.  I broke a pattern tonight!  It is also Friday night so I have a bit more freedom to stay up late.

I sat at my computer then and wrote a poem.  Something came to me and that was good.  I am preserving memories in my own little way.  I have put off hanging  out on Facebook, which is also a habit change.  though I did make a new friend today from last night.

She is Lutheran and going to Higher Things in Irvine, CA this summer.  She is also an elementary school teacher. She has a lot of the same Lutheran friends I have made on Facebook.  I enjoy my Lutheran community on line.

As for my other practice I will sit and watch some TV tonight.  It is time.  I have lots to think about-  a new job opportunity?  Life alone.  Ways to improve my teaching.  Plans to keep myself healthy, mentally, spiritually, and physically.  I am still mourning the endings in my life.  Sad things...  there is something brutally sad about the ends of dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment