Saturday, April 21, 2012

Another version...

White Sunlight

When white sunlight
hits hail, scatters
the narrow beams
of light,
they plank the sky
in hues of eerie yellow.

Ping-
ponging
off each other-
a game of pinball,
igniting lights
with each slam.

In that engulfing gloom,
the bruised sky,
full of broken veins
of light,
pool
into violently spinning air.

The fat finger of death
curls its way to dirt-
wedging itself downward.

Mesmerized
By power flashes,
I strain to glimpse
The finger of God.

In that frozen
moment-
thoughts on internet
waves,
Doppler Radar
pinging velocity
across the plains,
I see where the blue turns to black,
and roars to silence.

The neutrality of Space,
inert,
a vacuum
that is you.

I am gravity,
spiraling earthward-
an ice ball,
burning up
in atmospheric divergence.

Face planted to fears,
grounded in a crater
of my own making.

In your silence I stand…
watching the approaching super cell.
It surges forward in darkness,
wrapped in rain,
cloaked
from sight.

I await the ending-
the surrender,
debris swirling
to the West,
My pieces-
Scattered-

landing in someone’s front yard…

No comments:

Post a Comment