Wednesday, April 18, 2012

BLAH

So do not like "Edit" at all. It just makes me admire Denise Levertov even more. How she could take such simple words and phrases and create sound, smells, and pictures with her words? Mine does not have that power. It lacks emotion, meaning, and imagery. It makes me want to go on a rampage of wildly choosing words and see if I can get some power going.

It still is a good exercise in writing though. The discipline to match her meter and imagery and still convey meaning is very difficult! I like the challenge. It engages my intellect and stirs the eternity in my being. That satisfies me on so many levels of me.

So I am not sure if I will try to fix it or free write it or maybe both. The figurative language of tornadoes and storms is rich. Not only that but it is personal. I like the connections in my mind, heart and soul. Humph, text to self. Text to literature. Text to world.

It is good to write....


"We have “eternity” planted into our minds, causing us to look beyond and outside ourselves and imagine the transcendent and the holy." Rev. Bill Cwirla
http://higherthings.org/myht/articles/catechesis/isfaithunreasonable.html

Bravo Rev. Cwirla!

No comments:

Post a Comment