Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Trying again.....






Yesterday I had just finished writing my blog and poof! it disappeared.  On the old Blogger drafts were saved automatically.  I cannot find what I wrote.  So I will try to recreate what I remember writing about....

It started off with what happened during my work out.  As I was making the circuit I started to think of the figurative language I wanted to use to describe Vassar Junction and "Grasshopper Pie".  I was getting some good imagery going when I got distracted.  In that second the language vanished.  (So maybe it was appropriate that I lost everything last night?)  I was liking it too!

I knew I needed to come up with something for my blog and that I need to get to bed at a decent time.  Often when I write the time slips away and it is closer to 10 PM  than 9 PM when I get to bed.    I really need to be in bed by 9 PM to be a highly functioning teacher the next day.  Nobody likes a crabby teacher and it takes supreme patience to teach the little ones!

(Just clicked save...)


I did not want to post one of my "old" poems because I'm really not liking what is left and they are a wee bit embarrassing.  The only thing I had in my journal was from Sunday and it was written in a daze when the words were just bricks.

So here goes...



" I hate endings! I can't figure them out.  I can't write them.  I can just go through them.  Does anyone ever get endings except God?"


I also had part of an old testament verse sounding in my head.  Maybe from Isaiah?  I believe it was part of a prophecy about King Herod killing all the baby boys in Bethlehem.  I believe I went there also because Pastor's sermon was being like new born babes.

Babies from the Bible

"...Rachael crying in the wilderness..."

over Bethlehem's loss.
Babes slain in a vain king's name.  Ran through with swords?  Heads dashed against walls?



Like Moses and the babes in Egypt.  All those babies thrown into the Nile.

To Acts where we are compared to newborn babies.

Death/ Life.




to be so tired
the brain dead in sleep
self-choice?
bad decisions?

I want to be fed by Your Word
but I am incapable of self discipline
right now.

I can't wrangle
it to the dirt,
dust it with motes,
The ventricles are numb,
words are lodged in ear wax...

This MRI of Scripture
lights up red
in my left prefrontal lobe.

catapulting synapses
bridge my corpus callosum



That was my stream of consciousness writing from Sunday.  Thank you Troy Boucher and Dan Daniels for teaching me about stream of consciousness!


The journal ended with 2 great quotes from Michael Bjorge in adult Sunday School.  I was a little bit more awake then!

"You stick with having fun.  I'll stick with the joy."

This is in reference to people saying Christians are stick in the muds and never have any fun.  Well, sin may be fun for a season but it corrodes and ruins you in the end.  We will take the joy in forgiveness.  Besides Lutherans are not Pietists.

"There are no hangovers after church!"

Basically this is what I wrote about yesterday.  A little longer today.  I be verbose most of the time.  That's what comes with a person madly in love with words!

No comments:

Post a Comment